At Dillon Surgery Center, the sports medicine doctors are the leading experts in the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions. Sports medicine is a specialized branch of medicine focused on the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions. It's important for all athletes to perform at a high level no matter the sport. Sports-related injuries vary in degrees of severity where the recovery time can be anywhere between a few days to several months.
The Dillon Surgery Center's sports medicine doctors have dedicated their expertise to the treatment of sports-related injuries, as well as helping others with injury prevention, improving performance, and enhancing overall physical health. Fortunately, many sports-related injuries can be treated through nonsurgical techniques, the sports medicine specialists will include surgery as part of the road to recovery only after nonsurgical treatments have proven ineffective. The doctor of your choice will create an individualized treatment plan to accommodate your needs.
Common sports-medicine related injuries the doctors see:
- Neck and shoulder injuries, such as rotator cuff injuries and SLAP tears
- Arm and elbow injuries, such as tennis elbow and fractures
- Hand and wrist injuries, such as sprains and jammed fingers
- Hip and knee injuries, such as a pulled groin and ligament tears (meniscus, ACL, MCL, and PCL)
- Upper leg injuries, such as a pulled quad or hamstring
- Lower leg injuries, such as shin splints
- Foot and ankle injuries, such as ankle sprains